2 cans bonito in olive oil
4 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup olives stuffed with pimentos
1 small onion
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons butter
24 slices white bread
5oz pimento cheese spread
1/4 lb butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the olives, drain the oil from the bonito and shred the bonito, chop the eggs, chop the onion and mix with the mayonnaise.
3. Slice the crusts off the bread.
4. Spread the 2T butter (at room temperature) on 12 slices of bread.
5. Top the buttered slices with the bonito mix.
6. Mix the pimento cheese spread with the 1/4lb butter (at room temperature) in a bowl.
7. Place the 12 remaining bread slices on top of each of the slices with bonito, to make 12 sandwiches (bocaditos).
8. Spread the bocadito tops with the butter pimento cheese mix.
9. Bake the bocaditos in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese on top is golden and bubbly.
Cut into triangles and serve warm. Makes 24 triangles.
- Posted using BlogPress