I had already tackled the original Pollo a la Cacerola, so tonight I went cheater-style.
3lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces
2lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 stick butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1/2 cup cooking wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup baby carrots, chopped
1. Pour mojo criollo over chicken in a deep dish to marinate for at least an hour.
2. Melt a stick of butter in deep pot.
3. Fry chicken in butter until golden on each side.
4. Season with salt and pepper as you flip from one side to the other.
5. Add vinegar, cooking wine and chicken broth.
6. Bring to a boil and add chopped carrots.
7. Lower heat to medium and cook, covered, for 25 minutes.