3 lb chicken wings, drums or whole chicken
12 cups water
2 cups baby carrots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 packet Sazón Goya con Azafran
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 Tablespoon salt
1/2 lb short pasta (angel hair or fideos work best)
1. Place the chicken in a pressure cooker with the water.
2. Add the carrots and garlic.
3. Add the contents of one packet of Sazón.
4. Add the oregano.
5. Add the salt.
6. Cover pressure cooker and cook for 30 minutes (from the moment the pressure sets).
7. Once the safety pin has dropped, open the pressure cooker. Remove the chicken and bring the broth to a boil.
8. Add the pasta, making sure to break it down to fit easily on the spoon later. Cook for 10 minutes on boil.
9. Shred the chicken, removing all skin and bones, while the pasta cooks, and add the chicken into the pot.
10. Lower heat and serve immediately.
Success! The soup was delicious. My son ate it cautiously but gave praises on the taste along the way. Now hopefully, he can keep it down for the night.
How do you make your Sopa de Pollo?