Monday, March 4, 2013

Celia Cruz Sandwich, a modern-day Elena Ruz

I had heard about Sgt. Pepper's Subs through a friend and she told me they were hosting a contest to find their next big sub.

I wanted to create a sub with a Cuban-twist and couldn't stop thinking of the Elena Ruz.  But an Elena Ruz in sub-form would be kind of odd.  And cold.  And no se, to me, a good sub needs to be hot and chunky.  And with bacon.

Enter the modern-day Elena Ruz - Celia Cruz (tentative name; thanks to Lauren G. for suggesting it).


Ingredients:
3/4 cup grilled chicken (leftover is just fine)
1T cream cheese
1T guava jelly
1T bacon bits
Hoagie bun

1. Heat the chicken in a small skillet or pot.
2. Add the cream cheese and guava jelly and heat through, until melted and well-mixed.
3. Add the bacon bits.

4. Toast the bread.
5. Serve the chicken mixture on the toasted bun.



This creation really sings.  Try it for yourself and let me know what you think.

¡Azúcar!


No comments:

Post a Comment