For the frosting:
3/4 cup cream cheese (6oz)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
6 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup hot water
4 pieces chocolate for baking
For the cake:
2 cups of the frosting
1/4 cup butter
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1. To start on the frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and mint in a bowl.
2. Melt the chocolate pieces in the hot water.
3. Alternate beating in the powdered sugar and melted chocolate to the frosting.
4. Set aside two cups of the frosting and put away the rest in a container. You can place the container with frosting in the refrigerator at this point if you are going to frost it later. Bring the frosting to room temperature before using it to cover the cake.
5. Using the same bowl, beat the two cups of frosting with butter.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
7. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, to finalize the cake batter.
8. Turn the batter into two 9" round greased and floured cake pans.
9. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
10. Let cake cool.
11. Place one cake on a serving dish.
12. Spread the top of the cake with frosting.
13. Cover the frosting with the second cake.
14. Spread the frosting over the top and sides of the full cake.
15. Decorate with sprinkles, mint leaves, chocolate shavings or any toppings you'd like.
- Posted using BlogPress