1 cup ripe banana pulp
1 teaspoon lime juice
3 Tablespoons milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon double acting baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel the bananas and discard skin. Mash bananas.
3. Add the lime juice to the mashed bananas to prevent them from turning brown.
4. In a blender or with a hand mixer, mix the mashed bananas with lime juice and the milk.
5. Sift the dry ingredients - flour, double acting baking powder, salt, baking soda.
6. Using the hand mixer, beat the butter.
7. Add the sugar to the butter, a little at a time.
8. Add the eggs to the butter, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
9. Alternate folding in the dry ingredients and the banana wet ingredients to the butter mixture.
10. Optional: add the nuts, dusted with a teaspoon of flour, to the batter.
11. Fill a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan with the batter.
12. Bake for one hour - an hour and ten minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Posted using BlogPress