1 chicken, 2 pounds
3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1 sour orange
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup oil
1. Clean chicken and cut into pieces. You may also purchase pre-cut chicken pieces.
2. In a mortar, use a pestle to mash the garlic with the oregano and cumin.
4. Add the juice from the sour orange and mix well.
5. Pour the garlic mix over the chicken, making sure to cover as much of the chicken as possible.
6. Slice the onion into rounds and place them over the chicken.
7. Cover the chicken and marinate for a few hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
8. Heat the oil in a large pan.
9. Fry the chicken in the oil until golden.
10. Pour the onion and remaining marinade over the chicken.
11. Lower heat and cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Posted using BlogPress