Saturday, February 19, 2011

I have Chispa!

Chispa: The spark that emits when you're working with iron and heat, or the spark you see right when a match is lit.

The
Real Academia Española (the absolute go-to for the Spanish language) defines that someone has chispa if they are on the ball and ready for action (ser muy vivo y alerto).

chispachallenge


Last month, I submitted a video for the Chispa Marketing Chispa Challenge. The winner would be rewarded with a pair of tickets to the South Beach Wine & Food Festival's Grand Tasting Village on Saturday, February 26th.

I was making the last few croquetas from Croquetapalooza with the Burger Beast and my house was a nuthouse (usual). I asked my hubby to capture a quick :30 spot I could submit for the challenge




The results came in yesterday and thanks to my personal family and La Cocina's Facebook family, I'm going to the SBWFF next Saturday. I've downloaded my SoBe Fest iPhone App, started researching who I'd like to meet in order to influence The Project and have my festival cookbook and Sharpie ready for signatures.

It's like Christmas in February for this sofrito kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment